Welcome to The Morphew / Murphy Story
Treva and Ray Eckart, taken by Vic Eckart
This site is divided into 3 sections:
The Morphew/Murphy Story
- by J.R. Murphy, 2nd Edition
This section tells the story of James/Joseph Morphew and Mary
Burke and their descendants while detailing the line
of James Morphew and Rebecca Hogan.
A number of maternal ancestors are included - Burke,
Eggers, Hogan, Allumbaugh, Green, Wilcoxson, Jones, Brous, Klaumann, and others.
Eckart Family Story (Kansas)
Welcome to the Eckart Family Story about William Eckart
(1815-1882) and his descendants, which details the line of William
F. Eckart and Victor T. Eckart.
Steelman Story (New Jersey and West)
- by J.R.
Murphy, 1 January 2008
This is the ongoing search to understand these Steelmans and their
early Gloucester County, New Jersey Origins
Jordan Calaway Murphy (1860 - 1939)
- Logan Co., KY Hogans belong to Wm. Hogan (ca1695)
- Martin Hogan in Frederick Co., VA
- William, son of Thos. Hogan "I" in Prince William Co. VA
Tatoms from Virginia
- New information, more details
Hogans from Hanover, Louisa, Goochland Co., Virginia
- New details on Stephen Tatom "I" (ca1721-1789)
and his Dickson Co., TN Descendants
Tatums whose Parents are not known
- New Findings
- Revised - Hugh Hogan (ca1680-1743) now Patriarch
- Are there one or two James Hogan?
- New Debate Details
- One migrates to Simpson Co. KY and other to Bedford Co., VA
- New changes to John Hogan (ca1730/35 - 1772/74 + wife Judith
- More details on Wilkins Tatum and Dickson Co., TN